Image Collection opens in a new window, close it to return to this page.
Located on Bauple Drive, Bauple (Just off the Bruce Highway 30 km south of Maryborough).
Phone: (07) 4193 9341
E-mail: BaupleMuseum @ bigpond.com
Bauple Sugar Mill commenced crushing in 1896 and operated until 1951. During most of this period it was the largest mill in the Maryborough region.
The Mount Bauple Museum, which represents the Tiaro District, has embarked on a creative project to document, preserve and present the early history of the sugar industry locally. The restoration of a 1907 Fowler-built locomotive from Isis Mill is just the start. Following its display in Maryborough the loco was stripped, sandblasted and prime coated. A new cabin was built and further cosmetic restoration begun.
Above: Bauple Mill's ex-QR B12 2-6-0 #30 'Bauple' collecting cane wagons at Gunalda on the North Coast Line. The driver is Thomas William Sewell. The loco was purchased from QR in 1926 and scrapped in 1951. It operated on Bauple Mill's private branch from Gundiah to the mill at Bauple.
Sugar Mill railways
This site developed and maintained for Queensland's rail heritage providers. Contents provided for non-commercial use only and are copyright © A C Lynn Zelmer or as indicated. last updated: 22/12/11 [lz: lynn @ zelmeroz.com].