Image Collection opens in a new window, close it to return to this page.
Phone: (07) 4956 2436
E-mail: icscott @ bigpond.com
The Historical Centre is the former St Anne's Catholic Convent building and was relocated here in 2001. The small station building nearby (above) was built in 1911 as QR's Eungella Range Station and renamed Netherdale Station in 1913. The Netherdale Station was moved to Yukan in 1978, replacing the old siding shed that was there, before being moved to the 'Field of Dreams' in 2002.
More recently the centre has developed a walking trail through to Plane Creek and opened a miniature, but operational, sugar mill and distillery where visitors will be albe to view the process of molasses distillation through to the production of rum and other alcoholic beverages. There is also a display of sugar cane harvesting equipment. Details on the Sugar Shed's web site.
Sugar Mill railways
This site developed and maintained for Queensland's rail heritage providers. Contents provided for non-commercial use only and are copyright © A C Lynn Zelmer or as indicated. last updated: 20/12/11 [lz: lynn @ zelmeroz.com].