Download Convention Notes
Presentation notes, etc., from past conventions (chronological order, most recent first) provide a wealth of modelling detail. These representative materials are all © copyright by the authors and have been posted for non-commercial use only.
- Hayes, Arthur. 2016 convention, Modelling QR notes: Heavy passenger loads at Westgate and School Kid's Train.
- Zelmer, Lynn. Moving People on Queensland's Tramways. 2015 Australian Narrow Gauge Convention notes (12 pages), slides from ppt presentation (20 pages), poster with drawings and poster with photos (A3 reductions from large wall posters), crossword puzzle (one page), and key (one page), all pdf files.
- Hayes, Arthur. Conveying Goods/Freight on your Layout. Australasian Region NMRA 2014 Convention (notes, 25 pages).
- Zelmer, Lynn. Selected Resources for Modelling Queensland's Railways and Shire/Cane Mill Tramlines. Australasian Region NMRA 2014 Convention (notes, 6 pages).
- Browning, John. Bundaberg Foundry Locomotives. 2012 Convention (notes, 3 pages; and ppt slides, 17 pages, both pdf files).
- Hayes, Arthur. Tarpaulins (QR practice), 2012 Convention Clinic notes (pdf file 1.4Mb).
- Stephenson, Greg. The Narrow Gauge Environment - More than just canefields. 2012 Convention (7 pages, pdf file).
- Childs, Ian and Zelmer, Lynn. 2012 MRQC Reference List for Queensland Modellers: AMRM, NGDU, etc. (111 Kb pdf file).
- Armstrong, John. Old style Fettler's Cottage with detatched kitchen (drawing, 94 Kb pdf file).
- Zelmer, Lynn. Demonstration: Modelling an O Scale QR Camp Wagon. 2012 Convention (2 pages, notes, pdf file). Photos of QR camp wagons can be found in the rail heritage image library using QRcw as a search term, detailed modelling notes can be found in Narrow Gauge Downunder magazine.
- Hayes, Arthur. QR Bulk Traffic, 2010 Convention Clinic notes (pdf file 1.3Mb).
- Zelmer, Lynn. Cane Railway Modelling Resources: The CaneSIG Collection. 2010 Convention (8 pages notes and PPT slides, pdf files).
- Hutchinson. Jim. Queensland's Pagoda Roof Stations. 2008 Convention (7 pages with photos and plan, pdf file).
- Hayes, Arthur (2008). Building an 8 wheeled timber frame Wagon. Notes from the 2008 Convention. (pdf 778Kb).
- Zelmer, Lynn. Modelling the Unusual: Queensland's Sugar Cane Railways, 2008 Convention (8 pages of notes, followed by the ppt slides and notes, 2.8 Mb pdf file).
- Hutchinson, Jim and Fainges, Jim, Railway Goods Sheds (Queensland), 2006 Convention (10 parts, pdf files): 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10.
- Stephenson, Greg, Goods Traffic on Cane and Shire Tramways, 2006 Convention (3 parts, pdf files): 1 - 2 - 3.
- Millington, Carl, Modern Cane Railways of Queensland, 2004 Convention (17 parts, pdf files): 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17.
- Stephenson, Greg and Mewes, David, Passenger Trains on the Narrower Gauge, 2004 Convention (2 parts, pdf files): 1 (Introduction) - 2 (Modelling).
- Zelmer, Lynn, Modelling Cane Railways (Basics). The 2002 Convention notes were reformatted for the initial Handbooks Series (pdf files). Revisions/additions since that date are included below. 1 (Introduction) - 2 (sugar industry) - 3 (engineering) - 4 (modelling) - 5 (ANGRMS dioramas) - 6 (cane-1) - 7 (portable track) - 8 (scratchbuilding diesel loco) - 9 (kitbashing steam loco) - 10 (wholestick trucks) - 11 (wagons/bins) - 12 (modelling challenges) - 13 (resource list) - 14 (scale/gauge choices) - 15 (On30 diesel) - 16 (cane-2) - 17 (palm trees) - 18 (4 wheel box wagon) - 19 (Cuban cane wagons) - 20 (HO novice) - 21 (On30 diorama) - 22 (navvy car) - 23 (HOn30 wholestick) - 24 (laser cutting) - 25 (tourist car) - 26 (Cuban cane loader) - 27 (cane-3) - 28 (Modelling Netherdale) - 29 (3D Printing) - 30 (Mill interior) - 31 (Card Modelling) - 32 (Coolum (Moreton Mill's B-B DH) 7mm) - 33 (Cuban bogie cane wagons) - 34 (HO cane locos) - 35 (Caledonian Collieries Rail Tractor) - 36 (cane using wire armatures) - 37 (Lomo Lomo - Fijian) -
- Hutchinson, Jim. Modelling Loco Depots, 2000 Convention (7 parts, pdf files): 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7.
- Loveday, EM (c1997). Adventures in Paradise, WWII activities at Mossman Mill, scanned and retyped from the Ted Ward Collection (1.5 Mb pdf file): illustrated notes.
- Fainges, Jim. Scale drawings from photographs: illustrated notes on the use of photogrammetry.
Download Other Materials
Published articles from convention presenters and other related materials (alphabetic order by author); are all © copyright by the authors and have been posted for non-commercial use only.
- Archer Park Rail Museum Archives/Downloads. An extensive collection of historical and other materials relating to Rockhampton and area railways.
- Archer Park Rail Museum. Rockhampton 1947: poster with map showing CBD and wharf rail lines (A3 pdf 377Kb>. Dow, Bob (1997). Scratchbuilding Sugar Cane Bins in Australian Model Railway Magazine, February, pp 37-39. Article based on Convention presentation.
- Hayes, Arthur. Modelling Train 209. Notes from a Train Talk article. (large pdf 4.8Mb).
- Hayes, Arthur (2016). QR Weed Spray Train, prototype and HOn3 1/2 modelling notes (pdf 1.5Mb).
- QR (2016). Rail Journeys in Queensland, 2016 map from embark, Queensland Rail Travel Quarterly Magazine, January to March 2016 (A4 131Kb).
- Zelmer, Lynn (2012). Building a QR Cream Shed in O Scale in Australian Model Railway Magazine, August (909 Kb pdf file).
- Zelmer, Lynn (various). Articles in Narrow Gauge Down Under magazine, including QR fettler's shed, timber frame camp wagon, and a variety of sugar cane railway topics.